The focus of this document is accessing the ACF Secure Enclave resources. This document assumes you currently possess a valid user account on the ACF, have access to a project on the ACF Secure Enclave HPC cluster or access to an ACF Secure Enclave VM, and have familiarity with remote access methods.
Prerequisites for Access
Please note that the Secure Enclave Citrix environment is used to access the Secure Enclave VM or HPC cluster resources. Please view the video below for instructions on how the access the UT Secure Enclave by connecting to the Secure Enclave Citrix Environment. For text-based instructions, please review the steps outlined below the video player.
In addition to a web browser, you will need the Duo from a UT campus via the Duo app on your mobile device, through SMS or a Duo token. For iOS users, download the app from the Apple App Store. For Android users, download it from the Google Play store. For more information on Duo, please visit their website.
Connecting to the Secure Enclave
Follow these steps to access the UT Secure Enclave. The video above demonstrates the login process.
- Open a browser of your choice and access the Citrix Secure Enclave website.
- Login to the Secure Enclave with your NetID and NetID password, then authenticate with Duo two factor authentication (via app, SMS or token).
- If you have access to a VM click on the Desktop on the top menu and then select your VM icon to launch it, or to get access to the HPC cluster select Apps on the top Menu then select the PuTTY application
- For SSH access via putty, put sip-login1-se.acf.utk.edu or sip-login2-se.acf.utk.edu in the Host Name box and you can optionally put your NetID in the Auto-login username box on the Connection->Data form. Save this entry for future use.
- Authenticate with your NetID, NetID password, and Duo TFA to complete the login via SSH to one of the ACF SIP HPC cluster login nodes.
Troubleshooting Login Issues
Accounts that are not used for one year are disabled. If you believe your account has been disabled due to inactivity, please submit a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org call 865-974-9900, file a support request via webform at https://help.utk.edu/, or until 10/1/2020 you can send email to email@example.com.
At the time of this writing, the ACF-SIP does not support X11 forwarding.
Return to Top
Last Updated: 04 / 24 / 2020